ATTENTION: OFF-GRIDDERS - EXTENDING BATTERY LIFE
Poor battery maintenance is the main cause of most dead or underperforming batteries. Battery maintenance should be undertaken every 3 months to maximize life expectancy.
See our tips for improving battery performance.
BEFORE YOU START:
- Disconnect the charge controller and main amp breaker.
- Wear goggles, gloves and overalls or old clothes.
- Work only on a level surface in a well ventilated area. Keep the batteries away from open flame.
- Clean is the operative work, clean workspace, clean gloves, clean tools and clean materials. Dirt, dust and chemicals interfere with battery performance and can cause severe damage.
Use distilled water only as the chemicals in treated water reduce battery life.
LET'S GET STARTED:
- Clean the battery exterior with a clean cloth (before opening the cells),keeping dirt and dust build-up away from openings.
- Open the ports and check that the water levels are covering the plates.
- Use a clean funnel and distilled water, fill until each plate is evenly covered. (Don't overfill).
- Close the ports and wipe the battery again, checking for cracks and leaks.
- Check the battery in 1 – 2 weeks to ensure you don't have any cracks or leaks.
- Repeat every 3 months for longer battery life.
QUESTIONS? WE ARE JUST A CLICK AWAY