How long do Solar Panels last?
Panels last approximately 30 - 35 years. The life span depends on location, weather conditions and maintenance. This doesn't mean the panels on your roof will just stop producing electricity, it just means their energy production will decrease by what solar panel manufacturers consider optimal.
Do the Panels break easily?
No. Solar panels are installed all over the world, in an array of extreme temperatures and climates. Solar panels are rated for rain, snow, sleet, hail and more.
Do Solar Energy Systems come with a Warranty?
Yes. At Riverside Energy Systems we use high quality panels from two different manufacturers, Hanwha Q Cells and Canadian Solar Inc. Each carry a 25 year warranty.
Does Riverside have an annual maintenance program?
Yes, for Off-Grid Systems. Riverside Solar Energy System Check-up $399 plus gst**
For Off-Grid Systems - Annual Check-up Service Includes:
- Battery Inspection (water levels, clean posts and tighten connections)
- Inverters / Charge Controllers, (tighten all connections, check and modify set points)
- Solar panels, tighten hardware, seasonal adjustment
- Measure Output
What sets Riverside apart from other Solar Companies?
- Our systems and product choices provide high value solutions but not necessarily the highest cost.
- We are committed to using only tier 1- grade A solar panels.
- Our 25+ years of solar experience and the engineering and electrical expertise on our team.
- We are recognized solar experts by government agencies and educational institutions.
- We partner with educational institutions and First Nations to develop lasting legacies through capacity building relationship.
- We co-wrote the Natural Resources Canada Planning and Decision Guide for Solar PV Systems. Link to request guide.
- As industry leaders we were committed to solar energy before others even thought about it.
- Most importantly, our great team is passionate about solar energy as a renewable resource, savings for our customers and leaving the planet a better place.